This is the 4th time I would be attending Great Indian Developer Summit- GIDS and for the information- have attended it all the times since its inception. So does that become a kind of record? 😛 GIDS-2008, GIDS-2009 and then GIDS-2010 (Wasnt able to blog about 2010 as I was busy with other works and wasn’t able to attend the sessions properly). As usual I have registered for the Java, Web and Workshop sessions of GIDS-2011 and looking forward for another exciting days of learning. So I thought why not list down the sessions I am looking forward to:
- Programming with HTML5 (Venkat Subramaniam)- Again another new HTML specification- Shows lot of promise, competing against the likes of Flex etc..
- Tomorrow’s Tech Today (Scott Davis)- Session by another great speaker, surely not going to miss this. Might complement to the above session. That would be like increase in HTML5 Gyan 🙂
- Java Utilities at Work: A Developer’s Guide (Tom Marrs)- Should be informative as it will help us get to know about the existing libraries for getting work done in Java. I had written about Exec library part of Apache Commons.
- Tackling Multicore Complexity on the JVM (Venkat Subramaniam)- Looks similar to the Scala book written by Venkat. Looking forward to some Scala in the session.
- What’s Brewing in Java 7? (Venkat Subramaniam)- With Java 7 being feature complete, this would be an interesting talk to attend.
- Need to think of more talks to attend. Hoping that the above would not be held in parallel 🙂
- Web Services at Work: A Designer’s Guide (Tom Marrs)- Should be a good starting point for Web Services
- SOA at Work: An Architect’s Guide (Tom Marrs)- Complementing the above session- A complete Web Serices, SOA gyan 🙂
Overall looks like an interesting GIDS 🙂 Stay tuned for more posts on GIDS-2011.